Our research focuses on the development and improvement of analytical methods with emphasis on inorganic analysis. The quantification of trace elements and the identification of trace element species are key competences. Our developed methods are then applied to answer questions and solve problems related to human health and the environment. Further research is done with LC/MS for the molecule-selective detection of environmentally relevant analytes. We have the knowledge and the necessary equipment to solve analytical questions using classical methods as well as modern ultra-trace analysis. We are able to isolate and identify unknown compounds in various sample types.
Current research work:
- Heavy metals and trace elements in food
- Isolation and characterization of impurities in pharmaceutical formulations
- Speciation analysis of arsenic
- Determination and characterization of particulate matter
- Sulfur speciation in human specimens using ICPQQQMS